Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"And another one gone, and another one gone,..."

I don't mean for that title to sound negative, no matter who might think otherwise. It's not the way I think of these blogs or anything... Nor do I want anyone to think I am incapable of mourning a loss. (I still find myself upset when people I haven't seen for years die, & I have found myself to be unable to even properly deal with the end of new "Burn Notice" episodes.) However, there is something (several, to be honest) I am currently trying to get rid of. This is what I felt the need to write about today.

If you read one of my blogs from last month, you will see it mentions a then-recent appointment with my endocrinologist (or, as I have long preferred to refer to that person, "my sugar-doctor"). I have seen her once since then... And that is what started it all. She was upset about how much I've lost weight recently. (So am I!) She also was upset about me being taken-off of Geodon, a  medication one of my other doctors (my "general guy", often referred-to by others as my "family doctor") weaned me off of earlier this year. She also seemed to be VERY-strongly feeling that I needed to be on some other kind of psycho- something drug to take its place.

This reminds me of a few years ago. I was seeing an "endo" (how I refer to them, for time-saving's sake) who for one reason or another decided he no longer wanted to deal with me. He therefore told me to have my "general" person handle my Diabetes & everything else. That didn't go so hot (in anyone's opinion), & I eventually got pushed along to an endocrinologist in Pennsylvania. Eventually, I was redirected to the one I currently see.

Ironically, she may have talked herself right out of a job, or at least a patient. She told me to make an appointment with my "general guy", who at that appointment, set me up to go see another endocrinologist. (I'm pretty sure I'll write about that appointment if & when it happens.)

In the meantime, I have an appointment coming up later in the week with the psychiatrist I was originally set-up with by a counselor I was seeing in the same building he works in because (in her words), "He can prescribe medications, & I can't." (He has yet to put me on anything, & I doubt that will change this month.) Later in the week, I go back to the same building to see a counselor there that it sounds like they're setting-up to replace the aforementioned one (who took another job elsewhere, for reasons I believe had nothing to do with me).

Regardless, I expect sometime within the next five years (at absolute-most), I will be free of them all... It will be proven, however such a thing is done (I Googled it, & came-up relatively-empty) that I "am not now, nor ever was" ANY "Type" of Diabetic. Connected to this or not, the majority of my other doctors will become as smart as I for one expect people who go to that much schooling to be, & realize I would've been MUCH better off all this time if they were each individually able to just stop seeing me without shipping me off to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment