Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The BIG, Important Question...

Hey, everyone; I'm back.

Sorry if I stayed away too long. (I recently updated my decade-plus-old Angelfire page to say "I average (blogging) about once a week", & lately, that's just not true!) But I come here now to write a blog I've been considering for an amount of time I literally don't have a clue on. On top of that, it's one I hope you all read, consider, & then tell everyone you know (as someone said on TV this week, "Tweet it, Facebook it, text,...") to do the same. I have (as the title says) a "BIG, Important Question" to ask you all, & the answer you have may quite-literally change the way I live the rest of my life...
Are you ready for it?!... Seriously?!... Here it is...
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF TENACIOUS D?!
OK; Sorry. Fact is, I just LOVE fake-outs like that! The real question is...
Do you know how to disprove a medical diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes?!
No; Seriously! That's it. But the two are related. Let me explain.
I am honestly not a fan of Tenacious D. I can't say I've watched them perform more than 1 song ever. I own 2 Jack Black movies on DVD: "High Fidelity" (wherein I think Cusack cast him after a lost bet, or a lost hand in a poker game) & "Tropic Thunder" (where he is working alongside Robert Downey Jr., who is playing an actor, which he had already won awards for doing in "Chaplin", so JB couldn't possibly ruin it). As for the other man, Kyle Gass, I know almost nothing about him, causing me to assume he is like other gases, which people apologize for when they release them on the public.
Anyhow, the one song I know of theirs is called, "Tribute". For anyone who is unaware, here is a link to the lyrics. As I already typed, that may be the only song I ever heard them perform (& I cannot tell you where). However, this song has been in my head for the great majority of the time I have been considering writing this blog...
As the lyrics say, they don't consider the song to be "the greatest song in the world", but "just a tribute" to it. I have little doubt me & my readers would disagree on the greatest song in the world (the same way most people on the 'Net argue the Beatles were the greatest rock band ever, & the "Monkeemaniac" in me will never allow myself to even put them in my Top 20). Regardless, I say a simple reading of those lyrics tells you that the song itself is not even a contender. On top of that, the fact it repeatedly claims to be a "tribute" to "the greatest song in the world" means the greatest one must be something written before it (much the way Mel Brooks couldn't have gone on "Conan" for what he did last night if Sid Caesar was alive & having Lunch somewhere this afternoon).
If you are reading my blog for the first time, let me give you a quick note on something I've written a million times: I was diagnosed as a Type 1 Diabetic almost 13 years ago, & have not spent 1 second of that time agreeing with or believing that diagnosis. As a matter of fact, one of the "aims" (not "resolutions") I have for 2014 is to lessen the number of medications I take & doctors I see, & the first one I plan to cut from the list is my current endocrinologist, since my understanding is that Diabetes is one of the main diseases they deal with, & I don't think I actually have that disease, so I don't believe I actually need to see any of that type of doctor. (Much the way my sister doesn't see my neurologist because she doesn't have my shunt, & I don't see the doctor that helped her during any of her three pregnancies.)
Here's something that is always key to remember for my life/situation: Even if you are one of the friends or family members that believe I have Diabetes (seems to be every one but me), you don't know how long I've had it for. I will remember for an undeterminable amount of time I was diagnosed some time between June 29, 2001 (the day I went into the hospital) & July 6, 2001 (the day I went home). Regardless, I may have actually started having the disease at any time in the prior 18-&-a-half years, & nobody I know can positively confirm-or-deny that. What everyone knows is that the diagnosis (right or wrong, depending on who you ask) came sometime in that week-or-so.
One thing my Mom & I discuss a lot (admittedly, mostly me) is Galileo. I bring it up often when we are discussing "my Diabetes". (I call it this, regardless of claiming to know I don't have the disease, nor vice-versa.) As I learned from Mr. Lendak my Freshman year of high school (he used to be friends with my Dad; I don't know about now), Galileo was literally sent to the Inquisition due to his defense of "heliocentrism" (earth revolving around the Sun). Now, that sometimes makes me literally laugh, due to all of us knowing him to have been right...
Over the past few years, there have been a few times where I downright refused to "check my blood-sugar" or take my insulin shots. This is largely not due to my denial of Diabetes, but my questioning of the disease's treatment, which dates back to almost the very same day I arrived home. (It boils down to, "Making myself bleed & stabbing myself with needles, & doing both repeatedly, is supposed to make me feel better? And help prolong my life? And I'm supposed to want to live longer, knowing I have to do each of these things?" I have honestly considered contacting Criss Angel &/or moving to New York, doing these things publically, & calling myself a performance artist.)
Anyhow, long blog shorter, that is why I want to prove that I don't have it. (Don't try Google; Been there, done that, got WAY too many T-shirts.) Much like someone eventually proved Galileo's belief about the Earth & sun to be right (but, as I say when discussing it, "he's not any less dead"), I expect my denial of having Diabetes will be proven factual, & I would like to see it happen before I'm dead, so I am able to enjoy whatever I can see/do when not restricted by my currently-enforced schedule of shots & things.

No comments:

Post a Comment