Saturday, April 12, 2014

Living Vicariously Through Myself

So, the slowly-decreasing wrestling fan in me wants to give you what I/it feels is a VERY IMPORTANT 3-count of links:

1] http://blogenfarcement.wordpress.com/2014/03/07/march-goes-in-like-a-lion-goes-out-on-its-own-the-story-of-my-lost-time/

2] http://blogenfarcement.wordpress.com/2014/03/20/gilligans-cage/

3] http://blogenfarcement.wordpress.com/2014/03/27/whos-that-guy-and-other-questions-feel-free-to-submit-answers/

In case it's not flat-out obvious from the links themselves, those are all earlier blogs also written by & about me. Long story short, they are in sequential/chronological order, & tell you the basic story of me & my "guardian". In the title of the first one, I allude to me getting out of last month on my own. If you can't tell from how this one is going, that never happened... Technically. I can say, "never" because March is over, & I didn't end it on my own. However, when anyone in this world deals with me, they deal with whatever version of me I feel is right or the time/situation. That means if you're my Dad or either of my nephews, we'll probably have a decent laugh or two. If, however, you post your opinion in response to mine on some article online, & that post includes calling me a "nimrod", you may want to post your next response standing-up (if you get what I'm saying).

Just the other day, therefore, I called the Probate Court on the phone again, curious what (if any) progress had been made on my case. (True story: I was unable to get the phone number off the Website I linked to in a previous blog, do my PC once again being with the "Geek Squad". I called the number specifically-given in the phone book for "Guardianship". When I explained my situation, I was put on hold while she connected me to "the guardianship..." secretary/assistant. Who/What was she, then?!)

I talked to the next woman, who it seemed had just seen my name/case recently. She put me on hold for a much-shorter time, after which she told me my hearing (which, as previously expressed, I expect will bring the total end of this never-needed "guardianship") will be the 24th of this month, & also (contrary to what I posted previously about courts taking afternoons off) at 2 in the afternoon. On top of all that, I do have a doctor's appointment that same day, but it's before Noon, & appointments with that guy never take an Hour, so I'll be ready & out in plenty of time. (The only thing that gets me: She said I'd be getting mail on it "today or tomorrow", & it's been two days, during which I've gotten nothing. Is it OK to start to doubt her or be curious, or should I then be careful what I wish for?!)

Here's the thing, though: As I sit here, I'm fully-dressed. (Shoes don't matter indoors; Right?!) I'm sitting with my knees practically in my stomach, but sitting on the couch a few hours ago (still addicted to TV, even a few decade-old sitcom repeats), everything "from my ankles to me shunt" (near the top of my head) was hurting/causing me problems. I continue to stay away from the hospital (tomorrow will be day 450 if I counted right just now), & am well-aware sounding the least bit suicidal ("a danger to myself or others", to basically quote an old episode of "The Practice") will leave me attached to some "guardian" for at least another year...

... So what do I do if I'm in body-cast-levels of pain for the next 2 weeks?!

No comments:

Post a Comment