Thursday, March 27, 2014

“Who’s That Guy?” And Other Questions (Feel Free To Submit Answers!!)

So, some things just don't change; There I go again, stealing titles (though I also continue to question if it's "stealing" when I admit it & give credit). This time, the title comes from a song from the (perhaps-little-known) movie, "Grease 2". My sister (who played a major part in getting me into musicals in the first place) might kill me for writing this, but I believe "Grease 2" to be one of the honestly-rare sequels that is better than the original film. (I say this within eyesight of my recently-purchased DVD of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret Of The Ooze".) The female lead is Michelle Pfeiffer, certainly still famous for other (less-musical) work she's done. Meanwhile, the male lead is a British guy who may largely be unknown in the States. (If you need a musical connection, try the scene here, where his character is not seen, but mentioned; The female in most of the scene is also not all that well-known, but one look & listen will tell you which ex-"Idol" judge & now-&-forever Rock Hall-of-Famer she's related to.)

I've actually got that film (& not "Grease 2") in my DVD collection. Regardless, the questions I truly have are not about any of the movies, their casts, or their crews, but myself. They are far-more-important questions [excuse me while I channel the announcers for soap operas &/or episodes of "Batman" (in which case I, personally, choose Val Kilmer over Christian Bale & most of the others)], having to do with my future, & if I should even have one.

I promise any & all readers that I will update you if the situation with my "legal" guardianship changes. (As I've said to my family many times, "I'll sign it in blood; That means nothing to me.") It hasn't. In fact, in 12 hours, it will be over a week since I gave the necessary paperwork (for my part of things, anyway, according to the courts themselves) to the secretary at the county's Probate Court, & she told me she'd "see that it gets there" (as I believe I wrote in the prior blog). Now, "see that it gets" where?! I got no clue. Gets to fill-in-the-blank by when?! Just as little clue. So who there can do what with it?! As I've said for a decade-plus, I'll tell you if & when I know.

That's just it, see. I'm admittedly a born skeptic. As I believe I blogged before, I live much of my life the same way I grew up thinking judges conducted their business: Show me proof, or the damage to your car doesn't exist. Play me a tape/DVD, or the conversation never happened. Should this site go South the same way my old blogs on a few different sites have, & in less than a month, I'll deny I ever wrote any of this. (A few of my past blogs are hand-written in various notebooks, but this one is being written literally "every word the second I think of it".) Therefore, as far as I know, that same secretary has the papers I gave her sitting on her desk right now. Have they moved from her right to left side?! Don't know or care. Are there more papers above or below it?! If so, they probably aren't about me, so same "deal-io". The fact is if I felt like going through that metal detector again, I might take a little walk downtown in about 10 hours, & prove to myself whether or not they're still on that desk.... Whether the answer is "Yes" or "No", at least then, I would know.

But the thing is this: Often, I live my life watching TV, equal parts "reality" & "scripted". ("Psych" series finale & live "After-Pshow" yesterday... "Inside The Actors Studio", "Suits", & "Money Talks" tonight.) Often, I will buy food (like the 2 boxes of pizza rolls yesterday) based on what I plan to watch while I eat them. Regardless, I count those shows often as much as I do Laker games when it comes to having something to look forward to. "Having something to look forward to" has been a major thing for me ever since I was diagnosed as any type of Diabetic (though I denied it soon after, & will literally until the second I die). Ironically, right this second, that may have an effect on when that second happens to be.

See, the first person ever named as my legal guardian told me 1-on-1 himself he believed when I got that aforementioned paperwork to that aforementioned person at the Courts, he bet they'd have a hearing, & "probably" terminate the guardianship. If & (I'm betting) when they do that, I will put it all over Twitter, my blogs, & half-a-dozen message boards when & where the party is. Considering I've never dated anyone, & don't plan on college, marriage, or kids, that may be the top moment of my adult life! But right now, I've said & done everything I was told to. I have a semi-confirmed decent idea what the results of that hearing will be, & a real-good idea what I'll wear & say there. The one bit of info that eludes me is when it will be. That is not for me to decide, & nothing I'm aware of I say or do will change whatever day or time it is set for, nor when that day/time is set. Until then, there's not a darn thing I can do, nor do I see a real reason for doing anything.

I've been "living improv" for over a decade. Even so, I have much of my autobiography saved on this computer. (Opening a Microsoft Word document with Wordpad gets a bunch of extra spaces, symbols, & stuff in a bunch of places in it.) I also printed-out some plans for my funeral I-don't-know-how-long ago, including what I should wear (clothes from high school still fit me, if they aren't too big on me now; Suspect I've lost weight!). Good thing, as this may be the last blog I post.

Thank you to all readers (if in fact this one has had any), & Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment