Thursday, May 29, 2014

"V. I. D. o. L."

This time, I am not going to name the blog after a title or quote from something else. I am also not going to start it with a statement of the time (not sure) or day (know, but don't care). That all seems a bit ironic to me (which I have read lately some feel is a judgment-call), as I plan for this particular blog to be largely based on myself, what I'm doing now (well, in recent months), & its relationship to what I've done before.
Before any of you ask, the title I have given today's blog is my own abbreviation/acronym. It stands (in my mind, anyway) for "Venn-Ish Diagram Of Life".
Here's why...
I'm not positive about this [I'm still searching for an MRI-like test that would tell me what's in my brain, how it gets there, why it stays there, how-&-why I/it access(es) certain things at certain times, etc.], but I believe "Venn diagrams" are visual aids that involve 2 intersecting circles. (Admittedly, I am mainly recalling this from "Late Night With Seth Meyers" & "Big Bang Theory"... But I am the guy who gets many things on "Jeopardy" due to "Forbidden Broadway", "Leverage", WWE wrestling, & The Monkees.)
Anyhow, I now believe my life is less the circle Harry Chapin sang about (remember, I'm the guy that "follows" Monkee Micky Dolenz & pro wrestler/"Hardcore Legend" Mick Foley on Twitter), & more two circles (at least) that can be followed in several different directions at once...
It starts with the "Type 1 Diabetes" all-who-know-me-but-are-not-me have believed I have for over a decade. (Wishing I got a Pavlovian bit every time I said or typed that word.) Almost since diagnosis, I have tried to have something to look forward to that drives me to take my blood-sugar checks & my insulin shots. (A while back, this may've been the birth of my niece; However, some days, a decent rerun of "Leverage" will do it.) Just recently, I have tried to turn this thing on all occasions into what I have long referred-to only by its semi-secretive name, "The Platinum Project".
This "Project" is not anything the government need be worried about (like those involving Edward Snowden, who I watched last night on NBC News & read about previously in Rolling Stone), nor is it my autobiography (currently sitting un-updated due to aforementioned computer issues). Even so, it is close to the latter, in that the main character (it is a largely-fictional thing) is a writer (as I've long aimed to be), & the "Project" will cover a few of his efforts to write.
All I will say at this time is that my current outline starts with him reading another fictional account, & feeling he wasted his time in reading it. After (coincidentally) feeling this way myself when I finished reading a (fictional) book a few months back, I considered the new "project" making reference to that book specifically, thinking it would be easy writing for me, since I personally knew how the fictional person would feel after this exact experience. Fearing the perhaps-minute potential of a lawsuit, I later considered the idea of using one of my own prior-written works, thinking it may cause people to seek it out, & I will have worked my way into a publishing deal (albeit perhaps a small one).
While writing the script with this idea in mind recently, it hit me that no real people are likely to seek anything out if another person (real or fictional) expresses having had a negative experience with it. (Even if some did, as I myself have admittedly done in the past, that would not be the way to go about earning any sort of "publishing deal" or other positive result, especially not in this "day & age", where it seems there are an annually-increasing way to access written/recorded media without any financial loss/expenditure.)
Anyhow, I am now sitting here (right this second; Weather's improving even in Ohio, so am moving about somewhat), trying to work my way back to where I was when I was working on the "project" without use of myself that I now realize would perhaps be self-injurious, while simultaneously realizing it will make writing the "project" once again the comparatively-difficult task it originally was.

No comments:

Post a Comment