Thursday, September 26, 2013

After The Ending

Hey, everybody! Welcome to my first blog of the official new Fall TV season. (Well, sort of; I know some shows don't premiere until next week. The CW Network is delaying some premieres until late next month, I think, & I think "Nikita" will return sometime after Thanksgiving! Meanwhile, USA Network seems to be premiering a new season of a show once every 6 months at least.)

As I watch the premieres this week (both of brand-new shows like "The Crazy Ones" & starts of new seasons of faves like "Big Bang" or "NCIS: Los Angeles"), I am (semi-ironically) thinking about endings. For one thing, some shows had cliffhanger endings that made it seem the new season would continue on the same fictional day as the last one ended ("NCISLA"), whereas others just leave you with questions some fans want answered. [While I watched every episode of "Burn Notice", I never considered myself a "shipper". I don't really care that "Michael" & "Fiona" ended-up in the same building, nor do I care if Maggie Lawson (AKA "Juliet") ever comes back to "Psych".]

That makes me think more about my own endings... And yes, I do mean that to be plural! For one thing, I am not anywhere near suicidal. (I don't believe I ever will be again; As I've told many counselors/psychiatrists, "When I get depressed, I get lazy, & won't do anything at all.") For one, I don't think it will bother my sister to tell you my older nephew is celebrating a birthday this coming weekend. I have every intention of making the party (gift bought, but unwrapped & card yet to be signed), but for many years, I have wondered if you're supposed to be celebrating the year you're ending or the one you're starting. (Doesn't help that my birthday is practically smack-dab in the middle of the last month of the year!)

Also, I am thinking about when my play is getting performed. For any unaware, I don't mean one I am acting in. I made a decision a few Winters back I was done being on the stage. This is one I wrote... At least, as much as it's been written. I've "lettered-out" the music for the songs in the first act (have the notes by letter in order, but not staffed), & have yet to even do that much for Act Two. Even so, I have already developed a list of, say, a half-dozen people I would happily have in it or working on it with me, as well as at least 3 people I may try to get some form of restraining order on, keeping them "X-number-of" feet/yards away from the show.

I (with, I think, perhaps, some help from a relative) am also trying to get my "guardians" to get moving on this computer-buying thing. Once I get my own computer again, I will continue a few stories I started writing "X-number-of" years back. (Someone tell me if you know how to contact Random House or one of the big, non-"vanity" publishers about publishing your stuff so you get paid, & maybe don't have to pay them.) Also, then (when that's done), I will get to the ending I really want... The end of my relationship with the "guardians"!!! (I've taken to thinking of them as "The Law-Evading Lawyers", & have even considered prosecuting him/them for stealing from my accounts.)

Well, for now, that should cover it, & will be the end of my blogs for this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment