Friday, September 13, 2013

The Other Part Of Reality

With my last blog ending in (semi-) current events, let me start this one in a similar way. About 20 hours ago, I was sitting on my bed, watching the TNT series "Perception". For any unaware, it stars Eric McCormack (the male half of "Will & Grace") & Rachael Leigh Cook, most-famous to people (at least those my age) for "She's All That". (I actually "follow" her on Twitter, & she occasionally posts old pictures of that cast.)

About-as-recently, I had an appointment with my endocrinologist yesterday morning...

Before I cover that, excuse me for this related note. In my closet right now is a green T-shirt I bought that says, "Notice: Whatever you're doing, saying, or thinking, I'm not interested". I've never worn it, & it actually still has tags & things on it. I thought about wearing it yesterday, but chose not to, since I planned to ask her 2 questions, which I thought she wouldn't answer honestly if she read the shirt. Now, I never asked the questions, & therefore, SO wish I had worn the shirt.

Since I bet you're curious, one question was how I could keep my blood-sugar numbers under control while gaining weight. (My numbers fly to the point I consider FAA contact, but I agree with the office I've lost FAR too much weight!!) The other was how she & my former endocrinologists could look at me, sitting in their offices, telling me how to care for my Diabetes, knowing I truly never had it?! (If you're new to my blogs, know I was diagnosed over a dozen years ago, but don't recall a single second including this one I actually believe I have/had it.)

Back to "Perception", though. I've seen Season 1 on DVD at Target several times, & considered buying it. When I do so, another 2 questions hit me. One is why the box for this drama mentions Eric's Emmy win for the sitcom "Will & Grace"? The other is why to call it "Perception"?
It is the second question I think about often. I've read the saying about "perception" & "reality". In 90% of the episodes, they are investigating at least 1 murder, of a person who certainly won't be at work next week.

On the side, though, I think about the all-lower-case word "perception" & the "reality" I can't watch on Bravo, E!, TLC, or VH1. This is partly because Eric plays a college professor of neuroscience. (I've been diagnosed with a neuro- issue literally as long as I can remember, & never denied it.) I also wonder about what I see as reality, what my doctors see that way, what my family sees that way, & how much of each is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment