Monday, September 9, 2013

Space For Rent... Or Lease... Or Renovation?!

Hey, everyone. Welcome to my first free blog... OK; So technically, it's not my first free blog. I mean, I posted blogs for free at Xanga for years (at 3 different URLs, thanks to some still-unidentified hackers). The last few weeks (not sure exactly how long), I've been going to my old blog site to try & post a new one, only to read that "Xanga 2.0" was "coming". (Like "Sharknado" or something!) Anyhow, the site now claims it's here, but best I can understand, it'd cost me to be able to post anything new there. As I like to say, "That's NGH: Not Gonna Happen!"

So here I am, back at an old blog-hoster I used years ago that appears to be still free. (If anyone here can find any evidence of "The Monkeemaniac's Blog", as I think I called it then, let me know, & how!)

Anyway, here's a slightly-edited version of the blog I was gonna post at the end of last month...

"Space For Rent"

If you’re one of my regular readers (which/who I’m not even sure I have), don’t worry; That title is not meant to make you think I’m planning to stop writing this blog. If I had planned to sell my site, I wouldn’t know how to do it so that I could make any money off of it. (Not even to sublet it to Richard Dreyfuss, like in "The Goodbye Girl”! My sister is the most-likely to enjoy that reference!)
So, since I’m not planning to do that, what is the “space” I refer to in the title that is “for rent”? The one I’m occupying now… If you wanna “get tech”. When I originally wrote that title, I was sitting in the local Mall, near the Food Court. Since then, there have been several changes of location, day, time, & everything I’m wearing.

Those aren’t the only changes, however. There’s also been a change in my “employment status” (as they call it on forms at several of my doctors’ offices). For years, if anyone (usually doctors) asked me if I worked/had a job, I’d say “No”, & that was 125% true. Now, if anyone asks (perhaps that psychiatrist I’m seeing semi-regularly), I’ll say “Yes”. When they ask me what it is, I’ll say I’m a “space-filler”. I know that has yet to bring me a paycheck, & I’m not expecting one. But think of it this way: Last month, I walked through a huge bunch of dirt on my way from here to pay the cable bill. If I did that next month, I’d literally run into an auto-parts store. Sounds like a big deal to me!

On to “current events”:
Truth is I fill about the same space now as I did when I wrote all of that a-week-or-two ago. I got a haircut today, but it was all (clearly) on my head, so a lot of it took up the exact same space. I also think I got a bit taller lately, but if you ask me (I know you didn’t), I think I shrunk over the last few years, so it adds up to “breaking even”. (That’s sort of a “favorite phrase” for me; Long story.)
Well, I guess that’s really all I have to write this time. I know I thought of a ton more over the past few weeks. (Don’t be surprised if I post yet another blog within a week of now!) But I think that covers “the basics”.

No comments:

Post a Comment